Chilca, Peru, is growing. Families continue to migrate from the jungle and highlands. Many are in need of rescue and support. Our beds, classrooms, and cafeteria are full.
We have begun an expansion project--Building For Eternity. It includes three phases.
- Upgrade to the utilities (water reclamation system and electric grid)
- Seven large classroom spaces
- Expansion of the cafeteria
One of our missionary staff, Debbie (Penn State B. Arch), alongside 2017 intern, Dayton Thurn, served together to make the project come to life.
This expansion will allow us to serve more children and parents and improve our ability to deliver the education and training that they require.
We have a projected cost of $245,000 to fund this expansion project. See Construction Budget attachment below.
Our first goal was $45,000 by February 31st to launch Phase 1. We received $63,375 by February 10th. Read Phase 1 Construction and Community testimony in Our Stories.
- Our new goal is $55,713 by August 1st to launch Phase 2, building classroom spaces, by September 15.
- We need a total of $130,000 to build all 7 classrooms.
- We are praying for 7 partners to commit to raise or give $18,571 each, to build a classroom.
This project will allow us to continue investing in individuals and maintain our mission of long-term discipleship and the restoration and preservation of families. Partner with us as we grow! Make a donation towards this project on our giving page by noting 'Building for Eternity' with your gift.