Peru celebrates Día del Niño, Children's Day, in August. Universally, it is a day to promote children's well-being and help them understand their rights. Festejando (from the word fiesta) or celebrating is an important part of the culture in Peru. Everywhere you turn there is a special event for children on this day. Parks have free entrance, theaters have shows for kids, the circus shows up, too.
We celebrate with our children every day, each small victory. An important part of their growth is teaching them the satisfaction of an accomplishment.
You can participate with us in helping children grow through sponsoring a child. The most important role of a sponsor is to pray. Your financial donation will always be used to COVER critical needs:
- Crisis intervention for children and families
- Opportunities to experience and hear the Gospel
- Vital protection, healthcare, food and nutrition
- Education, including remedial needs
- Recognition of personal value and gifts from God
If you would like more information about sponsoring a child, head on over to our sponsorship page.